This is a highly performance 16-serial to Ethernet module, which can easily implement transparent transmission between network device and multiple serial devices.
This solution adopts FPGA + W5500. Serial part utilizes hardware accelerator of serial data TX/RX which fully utilizes Buff and FiFO resource. The main 16 serials to ethernet application: industrial control, field data collection, security and monitoring etc.
Compared with other network serial (network server)products in market, there are distinct advantages as below:
- Support multiple serial, high performance-to-price ratio
Support up to 16 serials. Also support RS232/TTL interface level switch and the transfer rate of serial is up to 921600bps.
2. Highly performance.
Adopting FPGA + harewired TCP/IP chip, and high performance in network transmission rate and serial data forwarding presents in two aspects:
1) The internal of FPGA adopts customized hardware accelerator for implementing high speed of Ethernet data TX/RX . And the SPI interface clock of W5500 chip is up to 60MHz. Please see the test result of network transmission performance which adopts IPOP 4.1 network network testing sorfware :
TCP TX performance: ≥ 38Mbps
UDP TX performance: ≥ 30Mbps
2) The internal of FPGA adopts hardware-only implement high speed processing and forwarding of all the serial data.
Adopting FPGA solution, ensure a very short time delay in data processing and exchanging(only several clock cycles), advanced technology included:
* High performance data processing exchanged matrix
Real-time hard interrupt responding processing. All 16-serial data receiving channel adopts hard interrup processing.
* Uploading time interval of progammable data — satisfies all kinds of customers’ demands to real-time part.
3. Operating easily, highly programmable operation mode of system
1) Adopting simply data encapsulation instructions, realizing trasparent transmission between ethernet and 16 serials.
2) Adopting simply parameter configuration instructions.