Decoder adsbPIC hardware with firmware version 14
An ADS-B -receiver system can be used as virtual radar to
generate a live picture of the air traffic.
It consists from 5 stages:
1.Reception ADS-B antenna
2.1090 MHz receiver
4. TCP/IP interface and Wi-Fi
Fig.1 ADS-B receiver
1. The antenna has to receive the 1090 MHz radiation and to
convert it into an electric UHF-signal.
2. The receiver selects, amplifies and demodulates the
received signals, and generates an analog signal.
3. The decoder converts analog into digital and detects ADS-B
transmissions inside digital signal.
4. The ADS-B signals are then forwarded to a PC via Wi-Fi
5. The PC decodes the ADS-B information and generate the
virtual radar display. It may support the exchange of ADSB-data via
This handbook is focused on the microADSB-W iF i and the PCsoftware ADSBScope or PlanePloter.
3 Antenna 1090MHz
Vertical polarized antenna with 50 Ohm impedance, tuned to 1090
MHz, have to be used at the ADS-B side of the receiver.
Appropriate model offered by Anteni.Net Ltd is MS10905: outdoor,
omni-directional , collinear, DC grounded, 5db gain
*microADSB-WiFi v2 option 3 includes such antenna in the set
*microADSB-WiFi v2 option 2 DOES NOT include ADS-B antenna
The antenna has to be placed as high as possible at a location
with a good ‘view’ into all directions.